In my Creating a Media Kit – Research post, I suggested that you install Google Analytics on your blog immediately if you haven’t done it already. Google Analytics is useful for all sorts of information, and is highly important information for you to have once you decide to participate in PR campaigns or sell ad space on your site. If your blog is on Blogger, here is how to install the Google Analytics on your site.
Where Should I Install Google Analytics Code on my Blogger Site?
When you put in your google analytics code, should you go into the blog’s coding page, or should you go into the edit blog page? I’ve found that putting things in my blog’s code page works great… until I go changing my blog’s formatting, and then it can get lost or deleted.
How to Install Google Analytics Code in Blogger
1. Open the “design” tab in blogger (when you’ve got a new post open, you’ll see the “design” tab at the top).
2. Click on “add gadget.”
3. Choose HTML.
4. Leave the title blank, and put the google analytics code in the big box.
5. Save it.
6. Using your mouse, click on the html code you just created, and move it directly under the title, so it is at the top of the page. I don’t remember if this step made any difference or not, but it doesn’t hurt anything… the code is “invisible” to anyone who visits the site.
7. Save changes to the blog, and view the blog to make sure that nothing is messed up.
I found that doing it this way rather than putting it into the “coding” of the site worked best for me. I’ve had other things that I’ve put into the site’s coding, and when I changed the look of my blog, they went away. I’ve never had any problems with my analytics not working.
7 Responses to “Learn How: Add Google Analytics to Blogger”
- 5 Things Google Analytics Will Tell You | CrafterMinds - [...] Analytics, or GA, is an amazing tool. If you haven’t already set it up for your blog, here is…