Colleen from Mural Maker recently shared on Facebook this post from Measuring Flowers about Google Friend Connect going away for non-blogger blogs. Sure enough, starting March 1, 2012 GFC will be retired for non-blogger blogs.
I’m on Blogger, so this doesn’t exactly affect me… yet. But if GFC is being removed for non-blogger blogs, my blog could be next! Also, the reccomendation from Google is to create a Google+ page for your blog. Not a bad idea, no matter what platform you’re on.
So, I decided to see how hard it really is. Turns out,it took me less than 10 minutes!
1. First, log into your Google + account.
2. In the right hand column, find “create a Google + page” Click here.
3. Pick your category. I was leaning towards “brand,” but ended up picking “Arts, Entertainment or Sports”. One of the sub-categories here is Blogs.
4. Enter your page name (blog name), blog URL, and category.
5. You’ll then be asked to pick 10 words that best describe this page, and to add a photo.
6. All that’s left is to share your new page with your followers! You can do this through Google+, by sharing it with your circles, and by adding a button or badge to your blog.
Once you’ve created your Google + page, share it in the comments below so we can add you to our circles! Here are mine: