Hello Crafty Ladies! I know there are lots of us who love a good challenge, so I hope you’ll play along for the first (of hopefully many) fun Crafterminds challenges!
This first challenge is the “Crafty Trends” challenge. You know what I’m talking about… those trends we see popping all over crafty blogland. We love them… and many of us have created crafts in these trends… because they are so awesome. And lovely. And… trendy!
But, in this challenge we’re going to love to make a little fun of them too!
Your assignment (should you choose to accept it):
1. Pick as many of the crafty trends in the list below as possible. Feel free to add any crafty trends we missed in the comments
2. Create a project that uses as many of these crafty trends as possible. Be creative! Yes, you do need to actually create it, and not do a photoshop hack-job like my example above.
3. Write a post on your blog with your project. It doesn’t have to be a tutorial, but can be if you like.
4. Come back on FEBRUARY 15th to link up your crafty cliche.
5. There may or may not be a winner/prizes associated with this. We’ll see. The goal is to have fun and see how “trend-a-licious” you can be!
6. Come back here to ask questions. I’ll make changes/updates to this list as needed.
Ready? Set…. GO!
- “Put a Bird on it”
- Red/Grey/Aqua combos
- Pennant banners
- Chevron patterns
- Mustard/Gray combo
- Washi Tape
- Baker’s Twine
- chalkboard paint
- sheet music
- subway art
- any reference to “keep calm and carry on”
- book pages
- anything built with pallets
- faux mercury glass
- putting a bird on it
- using paint chips
- yarn wreaths
- yarn trees
- mason jars
- thick stripes
- faux taxidermy
- woodland creatures
- creative nail polish
- chalkboard paint
- picture frames re-done into jewelry hangers
12 Responses to “Crafterminds Trends Challenge”
- Put a bird on it canvas - Mod Podge Rocks | Mod Podge Rocks - [...] this “bird on a trend canvas” for a reason. I am a more-than-willing participant in the Crafterminds Trends Challenge!…
- The Bandwagon - Mad in Crafts - […] masses; they make people happy. The trick is knowing where to draw the line. A while…