There are so many ways to get the word out about your posts. Today at #crafterminds we discussed dozens of ideas for promoting your best posts. From Tweeting to Pinning, Facebooking and everything else in-between, you should receive several more hundred (or thousand!) pageviews a month. With so many options for promotion, you should be doing at least one or two of them to help invite people to your site.
Here are a few ways to promote your posts, and check the bottom of the post for a link to the full transcript of today’s chat:
1. Promote your project in a link party.
2. Submit your post for consideration to a feature site.
Some sites frequently link to great ideas on other blogs. Submit your posts to sites such as OnePrettyThing, CraftGossip, CraftGawker, or one of the many listed in this post: Sites You Should Submit Your Content To.
3. Pin your projects on Pinterest.
For best Pin-ettiquette, pin 9 other people’s projects for every 1 of your own, or start a board called “Brag Book” or “My Projects.”
4. Promote via your Facebook Fan Page, as well as your personal FB page.
Studies have shown that the best frequency on a FB fan page is .5 times a day, or in other words, posting a link, a question, or a photo every other day. Make sure a couple of these links a week go back to your best blog content.
5. Promote from Twitter.
Consider having a Twitter plugin that tweets when you post a new post, as well as a plugin that tweets old posts at a pre-determined interval. We like Tweet Old Post with a frequency of no more than 6 hours.
6. Make sure there are social media sharing icons on your posts.
Use a plugin that makes it easy for readers to share. Don’t forget the “pin it” button!
7. Upload a photo to your Facebook fan page.
When you manually upload a photo and add a comment and a link to the photo, you will get much better engagement from your readers (as well as more exposure from Facebook). The frequency your post is shown to fans is called Edgerank, and it’s worth learning about to maximize the number of people who receive your FB fan page posts.
8. Do a little each day.
Don’t try to promote via EVERY available channel. Keep your promotional efforts within a short time frame. Remember, there is no shortcut/magic pill for promotion. Slow, steady, consistent is the best.
9. Guest post on another blog.
Guest blogging on another similar-sized (or larger!) blog will introduce a whole new readership to you and your amazing content. Learn how to be a great guest-poster, and watch your pageviews increase.
Join us each week on Twitter for more awesome #crafterminds chat action – Mondays at 4pm Eastern Daylight Time (remember to calculate for Daylight Savings, depending on whether your region observes it or not!)
Here’s the full transcript of today’s chat: How to Promote your Best Posts.
2 Responses to “How to Promote Your Best Posts”
- Big DIY Blogger Survey | CrafterMinds - [...] twitter chats, is here to support whatever that “more” is. Growing blog traffic, promoting posts, taking great photos, writing…
- Why I Passed On Your Blog | The Blueprint Social - [...] to fix it: Make sure you Tweet, share on Facebook, and Pin your posts. There are many simple ways…