Maintaining an effective Facebook fan page can be a full-time gig, especially with the gigantic changes that came with the rollout of Facebook Timeline. Today at our weekly #crafterminds Twitter chat, we talked about Facebook Timeline, and how to have a great FB fan page. Join us every Monday at 4pm eastern on Twitter for a fun and informative chat all about the art of blogging.
This cover image guideline is part of a larger infographic found at JonLoomer.com: Dimensions for Facebook Timeline
Tips for having a great cover photo for Facebook Timeline:
- Choose a strong, vibrant photo or a few of your most popular photos to collage together
- Don’t try to include too much info on your header
- People should not have to decode the header. Let them hit the page, understand the header immediately, and scroll down
- No calls to action (such as “Like us!”), urls, or other advertisements in headers
- Leave your logo out and include it as your profile picture
Here’s the full chat transcript:
2 Responses to “Facebook Timeline for Fan Pages”
- Ask Amanda: Facebook, Twitter and Traffic, Oh My! | CrafterMinds - [...] Reasons Not to Be On Google+ Maximize Social Media Presence with Minimal Time Facebook Timeline for Fan Pages More ...